Insurance agents and brokers are often asked to match insurance requirements with construction contract requirements. This class will review five critical points to be aware of when reviewing these contracts for insurance obligations and appropriate coverage solutions.
1. The party required to provide Builder’s Risk coverage and who should be the insured and payee for claims
2. Exculpatory clauses and insurance coverage solutions
3. Indemnity provisions and restrictions of liability coverage
4. Liability coverages required and deductibles, retentions, RRG and RPG restrictions
5. Additional Insured status, edition dates